Toriko no Shirabe ~Midara ni Aegu Otome Sextet~ the motion
Technical support | Discussions

Download is available here:
Download link

nexket
HEcchi-baka

sam. 15 juin 2019 01:51

Product: TORIKO NO SHIRABE ~MIDARA NI AEGU OTOME SEXTET~ THE MOTION
Problem: Game runs until a certain point and then crashes.
More details: I am unsure if a file is corrupted, but this happens very early in the game.
Thanks for the help!
xgrab
HAdmin
A été remercié : 6 fois

lun. 17 juin 2019 19:18

Hello nexket,

The crash occurs always at the same moment?
Which version of Windows do you use?
Do you run the game with LocaleEmulator or with japanese locale?
I will try later to check if I have the same issue.
nexket
HEcchi-baka

jeu. 20 juin 2019 00:02

xgrab a écrit :
lun. 17 juin 2019 19:18
Hello nexket,

The crash occurs always at the same moment?
Which version of Windows do you use?
Do you run the game with LocaleEmulator or with japanese locale?
I will try later to check if I have the same issue.
Thanks for the reply,

Yes, the crash occurs at the same moment every time. I have noticed this multiple times when I ran it, no emulator.
I am on Windows 10.
I believe I am running the game with Japanese locale. Just going into the Windows setting to change it.
I am not sure if I am missing files or if there's any other extra step I am missing after extracting it. It is really hard for me to pinpoint what the problem is and how to resolve it because I am not as well versed as many people who deal with these VNs. All I can say is, when I start into the game, I skipped (holding control) approximately 30 seconds or so of dialogue and when it gets to that certain point, it freezes for a couple seconds and closes.

Thank you for the assistance.
xgrab
HAdmin

jeu. 20 juin 2019 12:36

Hi nexket,

Ok, so I've tried on my side and i don't have any crash at the moment, i've fast forward more than a minute.
First scene in the classroom + in the bedroom, nothing occurs, did you go further than that?
No problem during the extraction too with the link available on HSuki.

To be more precise about my setup :
- Vmware Player (virtualization), if you have a decent cpu with many cores, it's a nice option.
- Windows 10 updated
- No antivirus besides Windows Defender
- Installation folder : c:\Willplus (I don't install the game inside Program files)
- Japanese mode (I'm not using locale emulator)
- Windows account with admin privileges

Do you have an antivirus on your PC?
nexket
HEcchi-baka

dim. 23 juin 2019 08:11

xgrab a écrit :
jeu. 20 juin 2019 12:36
Hi nexket,

Ok, so I've tried on my side and i don't have any crash at the moment, i've fast forward more than a minute.
First scene in the classroom + in the bedroom, nothing occurs, did you go further than that?
No problem during the extraction too with the link available on HSuki.

To be more precise about my setup :
- Vmware Player (virtualization), if you have a decent cpu with many cores, it's a nice option.
- Windows 10 updated
- No antivirus besides Windows Defender
- Installation folder : c:\Willplus (I don't install the game inside Program files)
- Japanese mode (I'm not using locale emulator)
- Windows account with admin privileges

Do you have an antivirus on your PC?
Yes I do have antivirus, so should I try pausing or turning it off? And no I was not able to go further than the beginning scene in the classroom. Is the installation folder important? I have had most other games downloaded to a external hard drive and it usually works. If it doesn't work on a hard drive I usually try it on the actual computer drive. As long as all the files are there it should be okay to run? I have been very busy lately, but I'll try the setups you suggested when I have some time and tell you if it's fixed. Thank you again for helping and I really appreciate it.
xgrab
HAdmin

dim. 23 juin 2019 22:04

Hello nexket,

The setup folder is sometimes a matter since there might be an issue with the rights to write on it .
So it's better to install it outside system folders like (my documents or program files), installing the game at the root of a drive and inside a new folder is a good option to avoid any problem related to that. Since you install them on a external drive, I think you're good, but you can try to install it on C:.

And yes, it can be an antivirus issue, since the game has to be cracked in order to be executed (the file is already present in the game folder), so you can suspend it temporarily to see if you can progress further in the game (reinstall the game then restart).
nexket
HEcchi-baka

dim. 30 juin 2019 01:20

xgrab a écrit :
dim. 23 juin 2019 22:04
Hello nexket,

The setup folder is sometimes a matter since there might be an issue with the rights to write on it .
So it's better to install it outside system folders like (my documents or program files), installing the game at the root of a drive and inside a new folder is a good option to avoid any problem related to that. Since you install them on a external drive, I think you're good, but you can try to install it on C:.

And yes, it can be an antivirus issue, since the game has to be cracked in order to be executed (the file is already present in the game folder), so you can suspend it temporarily to see if you can progress further in the game (reinstall the game then restart).
After fixing up my antivirus and following what you suggested I was able to get it to work. I was busy over the week, but made some time today to look into it. I had to set it up again and everything and followed what you suggested. I was able to get past the point where I got stuck and everything ran smooth after that. Thank you very much and I really appreciate all the help you've given.
xgrab
HAdmin

dim. 30 juin 2019 12:17

Hello nexket,

I'm glad you can finally run the game. :thumbup:
Thanks for letting me know about it.
Répondre